Environmental Justice Road Trip to Buckingham County
Please join us on a journey to central Virginia to connect with the people, places, and natural resources threatened by the proposed, controversial Atlantic Coast Pipeline. Experts will be present to answer any and all questions you might have, including Swami Dayananda, Reverend Paul Wilson, Climate Reality Project leader Paula Clements.
What: Day trip by bus to threatened central VA.
Where: Buckingham County: Yogaville spiritual center, Historic Union Hill Baptist Church, James River
When: Earth Day, Sunday April 22, 2018. 8 AM – 8 PM
Why: The Atlantic Coast Pipeline is not needed. It will harm Virginians, our economy and environment. It can be stopped by Governor Northam.
- Yogaville established in 1981 founded by Swami Satchidananda. Site of retreats.
- Union Hill Baptist Church founded 1868 by local African American community.
- James River, providing recreation and drinking water for millions of Virginians.
Tickets: Limited seats. $30 ticket including lunch with the Yogaville community:
- locally sourced organic vegetables
- vegan and vegetarian entrée options – seconds as supply lasts
- endless salad bar
- Purchase Tickets Here